Saturday, September 17, 2011

Changes

September has gone by fast!. Looking back at the last few weeks 10 things come to mind. Some little and maybe not so important things but none the less exciting. Others are so exciting your mind might explode.

Such as:
  1.  We got really great news about my grandpa. He's been battling lung cancer for several months now. And after finishing radiation in June he had a follow up PET Scan at the beginning of this month. The results came back that the tumor in his chest had stopped growing completely! Through this whole experience my grandpa has been one to be reckoned with. When we visited them in March, he told Ethan and I that if this was going to be the way he goes, the angles, The Lord whomever it is that comes to get him is going to have to do just that... Come and get him. He has stayed optimistic, trusted his doctors and more than anything trusted in the Lord that He knows best. And that there's a plan so he is just gonna go on doing what he knows how to do best. LIVING! I love you grandpa and look up to you and grandma.
  2. I have decided to be more creative! I have some extra wood and am going to make a shadow box out of it. Details to come
  3. I did clean the house today
  4. I made a much needed trip to Sam's club. Best part of the trip, getting a diet coke for the ride. I feel like it is my reward for going grocery shopping. Even though I LOVE GOING TO SAM'S CLUB. Haha. 
  5. Ethan has also taken his first test in a couple of classes. He got a 100% on his Biology Lab exam. So PROUD of him!
  6. Farley is gaining back his weight he lost while we were win Arizona. He was to chicken to feel comfortable eating in someone else's house. HAHA
  7. Ethan has a part time job. He's helping my boss now remodel her bath room. I can't wait to remodel things in our own home! I'm grateful for my handyman
  8.  I just realized I got paid 3 times in August!!!! What a wonderful blessing. I have such a huge Testimony of Tithing. Some may say well Jess you were just a ditz and should have been paying more attention to your finances. But I know this was an act of the Lord. And that's all there is to it.
  9. Psych is Hilarious. Watch it if you haven't already. It's kind of a goofy show but it never ceases to make us laugh.
  10. Drum roll Please.... After much contemplation, prayer and fasting. I decided to apply for a different position. One where I could learn more, one where a faster pace was involved, and maybe a bit of adrenaline. So I applied for an ER position at the neighboring hospital. I was diligent in calling and checking up on the opening, I made a point to shake the directors hand. But no such luck in the getting the position. They hired someone with ER Experience. So I took it with a grain of salt and decided that the Lord knows whats right for me. A month after applying for the Er position my friend tells me there is a Labor and Delivery position open. I thought about it for a couple of days, talked about it with Ethan, and decided to go for it. I called about the position Thursday afternoon thinking either I 'll catcher her right before she leaves for the day and have to continuously follow up like before or my voice mail will be the first thing she hears in the morning. It was the first thing she heard in the morning and I received a call requesting an interview. I set up to interview Monday morning at 10am. Things were happening so fast with this position. I was nervous yet optimistic. Trying to keep my cool. I told myself repeatedly the Lord has a plan. As I interviewed I became more and more excited about working with laboring parents and helping them welcome their precious bundle of joy into the world. I was able to tour the unit and then with much surprise was offered the position on the spot. I start October 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.