Thursday, September 29, 2011

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

I have 2 more days of full time work left, and 4 days until I start a new job at Hillcrest in the Labor and Delivery area. Am I nervous? H yes I'm nervous. But not about the "new job". Well I take that back I am nervous about starting in a position that I virtually have zero experience in. But I am confident in my skills and ability to learn quickly. I am most nervous about working the night shift and my new co-workers. In school I worked a few night shifts. But not enough to really get a taste. The night shifts I worked left me feeling like I was in limbo and my body was screaming what in the H.E.double you know, are you doing to me?! So I'm hoping with a regular schedule and routine my body will say ... This isn't too bad. Or may ... I love night shift, stay in this position forever! As for the co-workers. I am in a position now where I know everyone, we joke, we laugh, we talk serious. Nobody in their "right" mind would give that up easily. In fact my co-workers now were part of the biggest reason I contemplated and contemplated leaving. And so all I can say is I pray that I'm not the newbie outsider for too too long.

With all nervousness set a side. I am WAY EXCITED! I am going to learn so much! And can't wait to feel some adrenaline! What am amazing gift it is to be able to bring a child into the world. I can't wait to see the joy on the new moms and dads faces. And... Although my insurance won't kick in until December 1st, we will have better insurance. They cover more and I'm hoping that working along side the doctors, that will be delivering our future baby(ies), we might be able to work together (me, doctor, and insurance company) in finding out what's going on with my DT parts. Update on that. I had a sona- histogram done. It came back normal. So next month I start Clomid and with a positive result I'll start Progesterone. Pray for Positive!

And so... I'm nervous but the excitement just about out weighs the nerves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.