Thursday, September 8, 2011

Family Filled Fun Fest

It started when I got off of work on Tuesday August 30th. Ethan and Finished our last minute packing and headed out the door. It was 9 o'clock PM and we were about to make an excitingly long drive. I say exciting because we had been counting down the days to our trip for like 2 months! I say long because it was exactly that... LONG! Being that we probably wouldn't have slept at all that night anyways we might as well get on the road. I lasted about an hour in the car before I fell asleep. I had just worked 6 of the last 7 days and was over come by exhaustion despite the excitement. Ethan on the other hand had taken a long nap and pretty much sang the whole way! LOL We stopped in Childress for gas and agreed it would be a good spot to catch some "good" shut eye. After all it was 2:30 in the morning. And as married folk we rarely stay up past midnight! 6:30 am quickly came and we were on the road again. We expected to reach our destination by 1 Arizona time. We made a couple of necessary stops along the way to get gas, snacks, and of course to pee. Farley can't seem to hold his bladder like we can. HAHA just kidding. The excitement grew as we reached albequerque and were now only 3 hours from home.

As we pulled in honking up a storm, expecting to be greeted with lots of open arms... We weren't! HAHA Only Whitty came out. It little time we were reunited with the rest of the family and soon to be brother in law, Stuart.

Let the Family Fun Fest begin!!!

Wednesday- That afternoon we just hung out with family and relaxed. That night I headed off to Kortney's Bridal Shower. While the boys hung out and vegged on cookies chips and sodas. The Bridal Shower was wonderful! It was filled with yummy food, lots of laughs and of course Embarrassment! Kortney was as red as a rose by the time it was over.

Thursday- The chaos really kicked in with the arrival of my Dad and TJ. Before they got to the house the girls, Kortney Whitley, Camry and I headed into town to get Kort and pedicure and supplies for later that afternoon. When we returned home Camry gave Whit and I a mini make-over. I got my horrible haircut fixed and then colored. And Whit added some color as well. Might I add that we both looked fabulous afterwards.

Friday- Wedding Day !!! Everyone was up by 5:30 or 6 to get ready for the day. I was over come with joy for my sister in law. She was finally about to get what she and little Elly deserved. A righteous Priesthood holder that would take them through the Temple. I balled the entire time we were in the Sealing room. It was just as perfect as the Days Ethan and I were Married and then later Sealed. I was reminded over and over again that Families are Forever. And the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us, so long as we hold true to what we know. I know that Stuart and Kortney were chosen to be together. How wonderful it was to celebrate their new Eternal Family together as an Eternal Family.

Saturday- The chaos was at its all time high! Between everyone being in the same house at the same time, TJ and Camry packing to leave, Ethan and I packing for the camping trip, and the little ones wanting to ride the horse. We barely survived! It was awesome and scary all at once. So we took things outside. Ethan had told little Elly and Stuarts little sister that he would take them on a little horseback ride on the horse he broke and rode for years and years. The fact that Ethan didn't have his saddle should have been our 1st clue. Clue number 2he didn't have his bridal or reins, and Clue number 3 Twister probably hadn't been ridden in at least a year. Unfortunately none of these clues registered in anyone one of the 8 people watching. Twister was good trotting around briefly but as the minutes went by she became more and more fussy. Ethan getting frustrated decided to ride her around a little more and show her who is boss. On his way back he slid of the side of her and landed his tail bone right in the edge of a small ditch. Nearly passing out but eventually coming to he got back on the horse, literaly speaking. He began to ride her around someone this time she acted "right." Some of the clues started to register but not fast enough. Stuarts little sister wanted another go on the horse. Luckily no one was hurt to badly when Katy and Ethan slid off again. Finally all the clues registered! What a lesson we all learned there. After the horseback riding excitement died down we said our for now good byes to TJ, Camry and Kyrie. The headed up the mountain for some quality gun shooting and camping. It was most excellent to be able to spend some time with my dad in the mountains. It was sad not having my mom around too though. Hopefully she'll make it down to Texas for a visit.

Sunday- We said good bye for now to my dad who had to make the journey back to Colorado. After a hardy pancake and bacon breakfast the Anual Waite Family Horseshoe Tournement began. Sad to say that none of the Eagar representatives made it to the final round. But Dad Eagar gave them a run for their money making it to the semi finals. Go Dad! It was to bad he didn't win seeing as it was his Birthday. Better luck next year! Sunday night Ethan and I spent quality time with the family, sitting around talking and telling stories.

Dreaded Monday! The day we had to pack up and leave for reality. We did make the best out of it though. We stopped in Safford/ Thatcher to See my Aunt Linda and our good friends Jerome and Shanna Whetten.

Thus concludes our Family Filled Fun Fest in Eagar, Arizona! Below are some of the 200+ pictures I took on our trip.

Farley Loaded Up Too!!


We Made It To Arizona!!!



Farley LOVED Mom Eagar




Fun with Dad (Elly and Stuart)



Kyrie

Mr. and Mrs. Stuart Carlson


So Happy !





My Dad and I















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.