Monday, October 3, 2011

Bitter Sweet

I did it!!! I completed my final full time days at Prov. I am grateful for the experience working on 3north has given me. And especially grateful for the friendships I have made. My last day as a full timer was wonderful. I danced, sang, and laughed with friends and patients. It made me sad to talk about not seeing the people I have spent at least half of my life here in Waco with. They have become a second family to me. Thank you to all those who have helped me grow as a nurse and in turn a person. I can't wait to tell have some stories to go back and tell.

After I left Saturday, Sunday flew by and all of a sudden it was Monday morning (today). Time to start a new chapter. I went in to work dressed nicely with butterflies in my belly. I filled out pages and pages of paper work, signed my name more times then I care to count, and then went to see my new boss. She was just as excited to see me as I was her. She introduced me to some new co workers and showed me around. I also received my schedule for October. I start my floor training next week in the OR. I will be training with the scrub techs and learning the techniques, and tools they use for c sections! So cool right!! Then after next week I start a 6-8 week preceptor ship with the day time nurses. YAY! New mom's and babes here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.