Monday, October 3, 2011

Date Night

Let me start off by saying, I love date nights! They come in so many different times, places, tastes, who doesn't love them? Ethan and I try to make time for just the 2 of us focusing on just the 2 of us at least once a month. Although we do spend lots of time on our couch watching movies and eating sweets, we consider a night away from the house a true date night. We are super good at spending money so our pocket book doesn't really allow an out on the town date night to often.

Back in June we did a group date night with some other couples in our ward. We went to dinner and music in the park. We met at a little Mexican resturant in town and then headed down town to the park on the Brazos. Where we listened to the Waco Symphony Orchestra. It was fun and also very HOTT! In the program we were handed upon arrival I noticed the up coming concert schedule for the WSO. Joshua Bell was to be a guest artist at their 50th Anniversary opening show! I immediately became EXCITED!

Several months prior my mom had sent me this email about a Violinist that conducted an experiment in the Washington DC subway system. He played for hours (for free) while video recording how many people actually would take the time out of their busy schedule to listen to MUSIC. The results were absolutely sad. The few people that did stop were parents with children pulling on them to stop and a lady that was familiar with him. The next day Joshua Bell, who plays on a $3million violin played sold out concerts, with ticket prices of more than $100/seat. Growing up my parents always had classical music playing in the home. Not only did they believe it helped in educational purposes but the gueninely enjoyed it as well. And so I grew to have a fond appreciation for classical music. I am also fortunate enough to have married someone that gets excited to listen to true music! I say true music because I believe that music today came directly for the classical composers of the past.

When reading in the program that Joshua Bell was to appear in Waco, Texas, there was no way we were going to miss it. Ethan and I purchased season tickets to the Waco  Symphony Orchestra. We received tickets to 5 shows for $85. Talk about a great deal on date nights!

We went to the first concert last Tuesday night which featured Joshua Bell. Incredible is an excellent way to describe him! We had an absolute blast. We started the evening off by getting dressed up and having dinner at Ninfas, then headed over to the Waco Hall on the Baylor campus. Our seats were next to perfect. Perfect would be first row on the lower balcony. We were seated in the first row upper balcony. It was great. There were zero big haired ladies in front of us! Not that our line of sight effects our hearing but we wanted the all around experience. That's just what we had. It was a fantastic date night. We are nearly counting down the days to the next show.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.