I started my new job! And I love it. It is new and exciting. Obviously I learn everyday! I love that! The first week in October was general hospital orientation. Which is prettyich the same anywhere you go... Rules and regulations of the hospital, benefits, and the computer systems. Best part of hospital orientation had to be the BENIFITS!!!! They rock! More pdo time,more insurance coverage for LESS, there's way more benefits. I just can't remember at the moment. Anyways, after that first week I started my orientation on the unit. My orientor/ trainer/ preceptor was on vacation that week so I learned how to scrub in the OR. By the end of that week I was rockin it and totally passing instruments to the doctors! Loved it! Now we are caught up to the current week. My first day (with my partner in learning) was Tuesday. Her name is Linda. She seems to be fabulous. She has been a Labor and Delivery nurse for about 30 years and still loves her job. I will be working her schedule until the week before Christmas. I then start nights. Woooo Hoooo!
On the same note but different. Because I won't be officially on my own, I will be working my preceptors holiday schedule. Linda my day preceptor wanted thanksgiving off this year, and Andrea my night preceptor wanted Christmas off. And that means I totally have thanksgiving and Christmas off !!! Arizona for Christmas here we come!!! Can't stinking wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.